Subject of the contract
The "Innoloft Ecosystem" is an overarching digital network. There are various entry points to this network, referred to below as "communities", which are always branded by Innoloft, but in some cases also by other partners. In this construct, partners receive their own community in the network, which is co-branded with the partner's colors and logo. Innoloft as the operator of the network is also legally responsible for such communities.
Innoloft offers companies and institutes digital services to present themselves as business partners or research partners. These services include, among others, the placement of advertisements, the presentation through a profile, as well as the presentation of the company's own services, products or activities for the presentation as a valuable business partner or research partner.
Use of Innoloft data, offers and services
The User acknowledges that technical disruptions may occur in rare cases. Maintenance, security or capacity concerns, as well as force majeure events beyond Innoloft's control (communication network malfunctions, power outages, etc.), may lead to the temporary suspension of Innoloft's services.
Innoloft networks agents and offers opportunities for contact. Innoloft does not control the communication between users and cannot be held liable for violations arising from this communication. If contracts between users arise through Innoloft's communication channels, Innoloft is not involved in this and does not act as a contractual partner. Innoloft is not liable in connection with such contracts.
Innoloft offers editorial content (e.g. industry news, newsletters, event calendars, etc.). Innoloft assures that the editorial content is prepared or compiled according to the principles of journalistic care. However, no warranty or guarantee is given for the correctness and completeness.
- The User may terminate the license for specific Content by deleting such Content from the Services or deleting his/her account. Innoloft will be given a reasonable period of time after deletion to remove such Content from backup and other systems.
- Innoloft does not publish User's Content in advertisements for third party products and services without having received separate consent from the User to do so.
- However, Innoloft reserves the right, without compensation to the User or third parties, to place advertisements next to content.
- The User agrees that the system may communicate the use of individual functions by the User, depending on the settings made by the User, in the network by mentioning the name or photo in order to advertise this function.
- For non-personal data, such as public company information (name, address, year of incorporation, brief description, etc.), Innoloft reserves the right to enable discoverability of this public content through search engine services.
- Although Innoloft may edit content and make formatting changes (for example, by making translations, changing size, layout or file type, or removing metadata), Innoloft does not change the contextual meaning of the posts.
- Users own their Content and may make such Content and information available to others.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding the Services to Innoloft, User agrees that Innoloft may (but is not obligated to) use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensation to User.
The user has the option during registration (opt-in) as well as in the settings to give his consent that Innoloft or a community partner can send the user messages or notifications via provided contact data (e.g. e-mail address). The user can define and limit which messages he or she would like to receive from Innoloft or through the community partner at any time via his or her settings on the platform.
Liability and guidelines within the scope of registration
Innoloft provides free and public information to the visitors of the platform. However, further information and data will only be viewable after registration. The following guidelines apply to registration.
With the registration the user confirms the correctness and truthfulness of his data. The user is obliged to notify any changes to his registration-relevant user data without delay.
Only email addresses are allowed as usernames. The e-mail address used must be the user's regularly used business e-mail address. The use of e-mail addresses created exclusively for the misuse of Innoloft is prohibited. Only one account is allowed per user. For different types of user accounts, registration is only possible with separate e-mail addresses. This includes the use of university addresses to identify oneself as an institute employee, as well as company addresses or addresses of other legal entities to identify oneself as an employee of these entities.
The user assures that he/she has full legal capacity at the time of registration.
The user is obliged to keep the password created during registration secret. The password is stored in encrypted form. Innoloft itself cannot view the original password. Please note that Innoloft will never ask you to share your password outside the designated login field.
Innoloft makes every effort to check the registration for accuracy. To facilitate this, accounts of companies, institutes and other legal entities should only be registered with the appropriate e-mail address (e-mail domain). However, Innoloft cannot guarantee the 100% accuracy of the data provided or the existence of the user and does not guarantee the identity of a user.
Innoloft is liable for damages caused by gross negligence or intent, as well as for injury to life, body and health. Innoloft is liable, irrespective of the legal grounds, in particular for delay, misperformance, bad performance or unauthorized handling, only for damages caused by culpable breach of an essential contractual obligation (cardinal obligations) and only if such breach jeopardizes the achievement of the purpose of the contract. The liability is limited to the contract typical and by the client uncontrollable damage.
Duties of the user and copyright
Innoloft allows its users to publish their own data on the platform. By registering, the user accepts the guidelines for providing information. These are:
- Providing true and non-misleading information in his/her profile and during communication with other users.
- The use of photos and graphical material of which the user owns the copyrights or over which he/she can dispose freely
- Providing only data and information that do not violate the copyrights of third parties
The user undertakes to comply with applicable laws and all rights of third parties while using the Innoloft service. In particular, it is prohibited to,
- use insulting, defamatory or slanderous content,
- use, advertise or distribute pornographic content or products. This also includes all content that infringes the German Youth Protection Act (Jugendschutzgesetz),
- unreasonably harass other users (cf. § 7 of the Unfair Competition Act (Gesetz gegen den unlauteren Wettbewerb UWG)),
- use content protected by law (e.g. by copyright, trademark, patent, design patent or utility patent law) without authorization, or advertise, offer or distribute goods or services protected by law, or
- engage in or encourage anti-competitive acts, including progressive customer solicitation (such as chain, snowball or pyramid schemes).
In addition, the following nuisance conducts are also to be refrained from and prohibited:
- Sending spam advertisements and chain messages.
- Communication of lewd or sexual content
- Use of mechanisms, software or scripts in connection with the use of the Innoloft Communities
- Blocking, overwriting, modifying or copying content, unless this is necessary for the proper use of the Innoloft services
- Any action that impairs or overloads the functionality of the Innoloft Communities (for example, brute force attacks).
Users can get in touch with other users in the Innoloft Ecosystem via the Innoloft Communities. For this purpose, Innoloft offers communication tools (primarily the sending of messages) on the platform. By using an Innoloft Community, the user consents to being contacted.
Assurance of our services
Innoloft assures its users that it will make every effort to ensure that the services are available as seamlessly as possible. However, for technical reasons, Innoloft cannot guarantee 100% and uninterrupted availability of the service.
The place of performance is Aachen. The Local Court of Aachen shall be the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from the contractual relationship, provided that the Customer is a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a public special fund or has no general place of jurisdiction in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Subsidiary agreements, amendments and supplements must be made in writing to be effective.